Creating a 21st Century Chemical Research Laboratory: Hazard Assessments and Fundamentals
May 11, 2017 @ 2:00pm ET
Safety in the laboratory requires a full team effort to be successful. When everyone in the laboratory understands how to identify hazards, assess risk, and select the appropriate control measures to eliminate a hazard or minimize risk, accidents, injuries and near misses can be reduced. Join Ralph Stuart an Environmental Safety Manager at Keene State College and Kendra Leahy Denlinger of the University of Cincinnati as they discuss the new ACS resources that can support a safer and greener chemistry, and thus better science for the 21st century chemical research laboratory.
What You Will Learn
- What are the newly created ACS technical and cultural resources to support laboratory safety
- How to incorporate the information provided by ACS’s Hazard Assessment in Research Laboratories in your specific research laboratory
- What is mechanochemistry and how to carry out chemical reactions without the presence of a solvent
- Green chemistry case study: how to avoid solvent-intensive process of column chromatography by using functionalized polymer resins which isolate products using simple gravity filtration
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year