Startups 101: From Lab Scientist to Entrepreneur
Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 2-3 pm ET
Having a great idea is only the beginning. How can you transform from being a lab scientist to an entrepreneur running your own startup? There has been an uptick in funding for startups from both the government and private investors, especially to translate your research to products.
Join Naresh Sunkara, CEO of startup Nosocom Solutions Inc. and Special Advisor to the Vice Chancellor for Research for postdoc affairs at the University of California, Berkeley to discover if launching a startup may be a better alternative to your current career plans as graduate students and postdocs. During this free interactive broadcast learn when you should start thinking about entrepreneurship and what should be your initial steps, as well as how to evaluate a technology for market-fit or customer identification, and how to find that initial funding source.
What You Will Learn
- Why you should give serious consideration to launch or work for a startup
- Where to find online resources to learn about entrepreneurship
- Where to find resource funding for your startup
- Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides on day of the Live broadcast
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.