Metacommunication: Conveying Passion and Engaging Others Through Storytelling
October 19, 2017 @ 2:00-3:00pm ET
How you deliver your content can be the difference between engaging your audience, or standing in front of a sea of faces staring at their smartphones. Audiences respond to seminars, lectures, and speaking engagements that include stories told by passionate, intelligent experts. Join Matt Grandbois of Dow Chemical to discover how to tap into your inner scientific passion to create engaging storytelling experiences that will make your science and your data reach a larger audience.
What You Will Learn
- How to find your inner scientific passion and the courage to voice it out loud
- How to apply “story arc” principles to oral speaking engagements
- The basics of metacommunication as applied to scientific storytelling
- Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017 @ 2:00-3:00pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download Slides: Available Day of Broadcast
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars avalible on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.