So You Want to be a Patent Attorney or IP Professional?
Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2-3 pm ET
As a chemist, you have valuable skills and traits to pursue a career outside of the bench. For instance, patent or intellectual property law could be a great fit for your current skillset, but where do you begin the process?
Join Attorney Jonathan Kennedy who focuses on protecting inventions related to chemistry, nanotechnology, and materials science as well as Attorney Xavier Pillai who specializes in intellectual property law relating to chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology as they expose you to several distinct legal fields that may complement your science aptitude and background. If you have been thinking about a career in chemistry and the law, this free interactive broadcast moderated by Attorney Krista Bianco will give you the opportunity to hear from scientists in the field as well as add your own voice to the discussion.
What You Will Learn
- What are some examples of educational and career backgrounds of current attorneys in patent and intellectual property law
- What are the day-to-day responsibilities of a patent and intellectual property law professional
- What are some of the technical and social skills necessary for a successful career in chemistry and the law
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.