Professional Development that Makes a Difference: Communication Skills, Networking, and Time Management
March 9, 2017
Understanding the basics of chemistry will help you build your knowledge of how the world works. Understanding some of the basics of professional development will help you build a career. Join Matt Grandbois as he shares how communication, networking and time management can help anyone get ahead, with a specific focus on the importance that professional development provides for young chemists.
What You Will Learn
- Communications skills are a huge advantage to those who understand their audience, craft a concise message, and stay true to themselves
- Networking is more than just meeting people and collecting business cards; it is important to develop a relationship based on mutual understanding and contributions to current and future interactions
- Time management is the underlying foundation to professional development, so much like the concept of compounding interest early investment into time management will result in greater returns over time
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017 @ 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download Slides: Available Day of Broadcast
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.