Writing Competitive Research Proposals that Win Funding
May 3, 2018 @ 2:00pm ET
One of the most pragmatic questions in scientific research is, “How will this research be funded?” The answer to this funding uncertainty often depends on how you present your research proposal just as much as having a good research idea. Fortunately, for researchers good presentation skills are an aptitude that can be learned by everyone. Join Nancy Jensen a Program Manager of the Office of Research Grants at ACS as she focuses on the basic skills and pointers for writing a competitive research proposal.
What You Will Learn
- What are some general research proposal writing rules that everyone should follow
- The mechanics of proposal writing – funding agencies, selecting a topic, and preparing the document
- Details about proposal evaluation and common misconceptions
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.