Voyage to Mars: Red Planet Chemistry
We can’t wait to see you and your group online in October! In the weeks leading up to the event, check www.acs.org/pib for more information about our panel of space chemistry experts, tips for hosting a successful event, and a link to download the “digital box” of handouts, guides, and other materials for you and your attendees.
Explore Further with C&EN
- How chemistry will help put humans on Mars - Short Video by C&EN
- To build settlements on Mars, we’ll need materials chemistry - Article by Neil Savage
- Chemistry’s role in human space travel - Article by Elizabeth K. Wilson
- Ancient organic molecules found on Mars - Article by Mark Peplow
- Liquid water detected beneath Mars ice cap - Article by Sam Lemonick
- Boiling water may cause Martian sand slides - Article by Elizabeth K. Wilson
- Sending mass specs to Mars - Article by Celia Henry Arnaud
- Polymer Aerogels Provide Insulation For Earth And Space - Article by Lauren K. Wolf
- Astrobiologist Sherry Cady looks to Earth’s remote places to aid the search for past life on Mars - Article by Deirdre Lockwood
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the live video stream?
All groups will need to check in to view the live video stream at www.acs.org/pib. The check in form will not be posted until the day of the live broadcast. If you have any specific questions, please email us at email@example.com.
What can I do to prepare before then?
Reserve a room with:
- Fast internet connection (ethernet preferred over wifi!).
- Dedicated computer to access the livestream
- Projector or Large High-Definition TV
- Loud speakers (reach the back row!) that work with your computer and projector/TV.
Advertise! Use social media, download our professionally designed flyers, make a newsletter…get creative!
Will I receive a physical box?
We want your event to be as easy as possible so we will post the same handouts, guides, and career resources found in the physical box for you to download from www.acs.org/PIB! this “digital box” will be posted soon.
If you have any questions about your group’s eligibility for a physical box, please contact the ACSPIB team at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ is an exclusive benefit for ACS Local Sections, Technical Divisions, and Student Chapters. Due to international shipping restrictions, physical box kits can be sent to the United States, Canada, and US territories. Please contact us (email@example.com) if you would like to receive an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ from outside these shipping locations.
Not an ACS Local Section, Technical Division, or Student Chapter? That’s okay! We want chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!"
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.