View the recording of the last PIB for FREE!
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 6:45pm ET
Check in to view "Marvelous Metals." After answering a few questions, you will be taken to the broadcast page. You will also be emailed a link to access the video page. If you have any technical issues accessing the event, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know what you thought of the broadcast!
Join thousands of students and early career chemists from around the world for this FREE, one-night only event during National Chemistry Week. Discover how chemists are developing new technologies using metals at the intersection of organic and inorganic chemistry. From innovations in medical imaging and theranostics to fundamental changes to the way we create everyday necessities like clothing, food, and energy, these scientists will demonstrate how we can harness the power of our “marvelous metals.”
Download the Materials You Need
Everything you need is right at your fingertips! Download flyers and graphics to spread the word, print out additional copies of the handouts and activities and discover bonus activities to enrich you event.
What to Expect from Your Event
- A live interactive video broadcast featuring presentations and Q&A with experts in organometallic chemistry
- Professor Vy Maria Dong will discuss the importance of metals to the organic chemistry processes that power industries like pharmaceuticals, plastics, and more. Students in her research lab will share their work aiming to create improved reagents, catalysts, and strategies for a more sustainable and greener future
- Professor Thomas J. Meade will define molecular imaging, what it can currently do in the clinic, and how his “bioactivated” or “conditionally activated” probes could revolutionize how we diagnose and even treat patients during the diagnostic phase
- Be the first to answer “Marvelous Metal Trivia” on Twitter with #ACSPIB and get a shout out live on-air!
- Meet thousands of fellow students and professionals around the world on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by posting with the event hashtag #ACSPIB
- Unpack raffle prizes, handouts, and other ACS resources to share with your members*
- Take your event further with the ACSPIB “Expansion Pack,” including guides for optional hands-on activities, ice breakers, experiments, and discussion questions
- This event is aimed at college-level chemistry students and early career chemists, but it may be suitable for some high school groups and other communities. Email email@example.com with questions about program content.
*Final Box and Presentation Content Subject to Change.
What is ACS Program-in-a-Box?
ACS Program-in-a-Box is the easiest event you'll ever host because "it's all in the box." With very little effort (acquire the space and gather the crowd), you can host an energetic science event that engages chemistry students and early career chemists.
Physical boxes are an exclusive benefit for active ACS-affiliated groups. This includes, but is not limited to, groups hosted by ACS Local Sections, ACS Technical Divisions, ACS Student Chapters, and ACS members. ACS International Chemical Sciences Chapters and ACS International Student Chapters are also now eligible! If you have any questions about the status of your ACS group and your eligibility to receive a physical box, contact the ACS PIB team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not affiliated with ACS? That’s okay! We want all chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.