Thank you for registering your ACS Member Community!
There is just one more step.
You will receive an email from email@example.com asking you to confirm your shipping address and other information.
- North American groups (Canada, Contiguous United States, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska) must reply to this email by Friday, October 4, 2019 to receive your physical box.*
- All other groups (including US Territories) must reply by Friday, September 27, 2019 to accommodate international shipping limitations.*
Groups that do not reply to confirm their shipping address by this date may not receive a box in time for the live event.
Save this email! It also contains a confirmation number that you will need to check-in on October 22nd.
* The ACSPIB team will review all registrations before approving shipment of physical boxes for participating ACS member communities. You will be contacted if there are any issues.
C&EN Metal Chemistry Articles
- Shaking up gold and palladium - Mechanochemical method makes noble metal compounds without solvents or harsh reagents
- A whole new world for rare earths - How the technologically important metals rose from obscurity to ubiquity
- Catalysis expert explains how gold might slash China’s mercury pollution - Cardiff University’s Graham Hutchings helped develop a gold catalyst that can substitute for a mercury-based one in plastics manufacturing
- Nickel shines as a catalyst - Organic Synthesis: Research advances continued a trend to move away from precious-metal catalysts
- Taking catalysis to the atomic limit - Chemists advance single-atom supported catalysts from farfetched idea to reality
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the live video stream?
All groups will need to check in to view the live video stream at www.acs.org/pib. The check in form will not be posted until the day of the live broadcast. If you have any specific questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do to prepare before then?
Reserve a room with:
- Fast internet connection (ethernet preferred over wifi!).
- Dedicated computer to access the livestream
- Projector or Large High-Definition TV
- Loud speakers (reach the back row!) that work with your computer and projector/TV.
Advertise! Use social media, download our professionally designed flyers, make a newsletter…get creative!
When will I receive my physical box?
Once your shipping address and status as an active ACS member or member community has been confirmed, you will be shipped enough handouts, guides, and career resources to start planning your event. This box will be sent in early October and should arrive at least a week before the live event. Boxes contain enough materials for most groups, but if you need more handouts please download and print the PDF versions from the “digital box” on our website at www.acs.org/pib when they are posted.
If you have questions about your group’s eligibility for a physical box, please contact the ACS PIB team at email@example.com
Is the content appropriate for my students?
ACS Program-in-a-Box is aimed at college/university students and early career chemists, but scientists and enthusiasts at any stage of their careers have a blast at ACSPIB events! We even see excited students from high school classrooms and clubs posting pics with #ACSPIB, but some do report material going over their heads. Contact the ACSPIB team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll advise you if this event is right for your members.
Physical boxes are an exclusive benefit for active ACS-affiliated member communities. This includes, but is not limited to, groups hosted by ACS Local Sections, ACS Technical Divisions, ACS Student Chapters, and ACS members. ACS International Chemical Sciences Chapters and ACS International Student Chapters are also now eligible! If you have any questions about the status of your ACS group and your eligibility to receive a physical box, contact the ACS PIB team at email@example.com.
Not affiliated with ACS? That’s okay! We want all chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a link to the “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.