Thank you for registering for Marvelous Metals!
What's Next For You and Your Community
We can’t wait to see you and your community online on October 22, 2019!
You should have already received an email with a confirmation number. Save this email! ACS may ask you for this confirmation number to confirm your group’s identity during check-in for the live broadcast and the post-event survey.
In the weeks leading up to the event, check your email for more information about our panel of organometallic experts, tips for hosting a successful event, and a link to download PDFs of handouts, guides, and other materials to print for you and your attendees.
C&EN Metal Chemistry Articles
- Shaking up gold and palladium - Mechanochemical method makes noble metal compounds without solvents or harsh reagents
- A whole new world for rare earths - How the technologically important metals rose from obscurity to ubiquity
- Catalysis expert explains how gold might slash China’s mercury pollution - Cardiff University’s Graham Hutchings helped develop a gold catalyst that can substitute for a mercury-based one in plastics manufacturing
- Nickel shines as a catalyst - Organic Synthesis: Research advances continued a trend to move away from precious-metal catalysts
- Taking catalysis to the atomic limit - Chemists advance single-atom supported catalysts from farfetched idea to reality
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the live video stream?
All groups will need to check in to view the live video stream at www.acs.org/pib. The check in form will not be posted until the day of the live broadcast. If you have any specific questions, please email us at email@example.com.
What can I do to prepare before then?
Reserve a room with:
- Fast internet connection (ethernet preferred over wifi!).
- Dedicated computer to access the livestream
- Projector or Large High-Definition TV
- Loud speakers (reach the back row!) that work with your computer and projector/TV.
Advertise! Use social media, download our professionally designed flyers, make a newsletter…get creative!
Will I receive a physical box?
Physical boxes are reserved for groups hosted by active ACS members and member communities. We want as many chemists as possible to join the party so we do open the live broadcast to everyone! We will post the same handouts, guides, and career resources found in the physical box for you to download and print from www.acs.org/pib! This “digital box” will be posted soon.
If you have any questions about your group’s eligibility for a physical box, please contact the ACSPIB team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical boxes are an exclusive benefit for active ACS-affiliated member communities. This includes, but is not limited to, groups hosted by ACS Local Sections, ACS Technical Divisions, ACS Student Chapters, and ACS members. ACS International Chemical Sciences Chapters and ACS International Student Chapters are also now eligible! If you have any questions about the status of your ACS group and your eligibility to receive a physical box, contact the ACS PIB team at email@example.com.
Not affiliated with ACS? That’s okay! We want all chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.