Chemistry of Sports: Smarter, Safer, Faster
In the world of competitive and professional sports, chemistry is more impactful than you might think. Discover the materials that chemists are creating to enable athletes to perform better and stay safer, as well as how analytical chemistry is advancing to detect performance enhancing substances in order to keep the playing field level for everyone.
What Your Group Will Learn
- How Shear Thickening Fluids can be used for impact protection and concussion mitigation
- Textile Innovation within the sports performance categories
- How fiber formulation and materials innovation will make or break a brand
- How analytical science can help deter drug misuse
- How mass spectrometry provides the optimum tool for the job
- Why analytical chemists should remain vigilant and use state-of-art analytical tools to detect newly-emerged doping agents.
Everything You Need to Host!
- Announcement Flyer
- Editable Announcement Flyer
- Attendee Survey
- Group Leader Survey
- How to Host Checklist
- Need Help?
- Professional Development / Career Search Resources
- Graphic for Social Media Use
- Save the date for the next PIB (Chemistry Rocks!)
- Brief Guide to Doping
- What Chemists Do Flyer
- Trading Card Claire Ortiz
- Trading Card David Cowan
- Trading Card Liying Jiang
- Trading Card Matt Davenport
- Trading Card Norman J. Wagner
- Flyer for the ACS Spring National Meeting
- Promotional Slide for the ACS Spring National Meeting
Your Top Resources
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ is an exclusive benefit for ACS Local Sections, Technical Divisions, and Student Chapters. Due to international shipping restrictions, physical box kits can be sent to the United States, Canada, and US territories. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to receive an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ from outside these shipping locations.
Not an ACS Local Section, Technical Division, or Student Chapter? That’s okay! We want chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!"
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.