Chemistry of Hello: Lithium Ion Batteries
Consumers are demanding an increasing level of functionality from their cell phones. The energy density of today’s lithium ion batteries can limit the practical functionality of the phone as consumers expect the battery to last a full day. Dee Strand will join us to share how new materials and designs are providing an opportunity to increase the energy density of cells for these applications.
What You Will Learn
- Basic principles of lithium ion battery (LIB) operation
- Performance limitations of today’s LIBs in personal electronics
- Approaches to improve performance in LIBs
- Researchers Recycle Silicon Nanoparticles Into Lithium Ion Battery Electrodes
- Tailoring An Electrolyte-Electrode Pair For High-Efficiency Lithium-Air Batteries
- Boost For Battery Performance
- What if Everyone Is Wrong About Lithium Ion Batteries?
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.