The Future of Flight: Advanced Renewable Jet Fuels
The ability to travel the globe at over 500 miles an hour has revolutionized the way that we live, but it takes a lot of fuel to keep those planes in the sky. Join Stan Frey as he profiles The Honeywell Green Jet Fuel™ program, which produces a novel life-critical fuel from a new feedstock which can reduce the greenhouse gas emissions by 65 to 85% when compared to petroleum based fuels. Stan will review the issues involved in addressing the production and certification of a new jet fuel, while at the same time developing a process to produce that fuel from renewable sources.
What You Will Learn
- What are the special requirements for aviation turbine fuels
- The life cycle analysis to certify the overall Green House Gas emission reduction
- What is current actual production and commercial use of green jet fuel today and what are its possibilities in the future
- 2016 ACS Heroes of Chemistry: Honeywell Green Jet Fuel™ - short video
- "Flying The Green Skies With Biofuels" - c&en article by Melody Bomgardner
- "Seeking Better Biofuels" - c&en article by Melody Bomgardner
Do You Know Any Award Worthy Chemists?
The Honeywell UOP team behind its green jet fuel was celebrated as 2016 Heroes of Chemistry. Do you know an industry chemist or team that deserves the same honor?
Nominations are now open for the Heroes of Chemistry program, which recognizes chemical scientists whose work in various fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, life sciences, and related fields has led to the development of successful commercial products that improve human welfare. Each year, small and large companies from around the world are invited to nominate their employees to recognize their talent, creativity, and innovation. Companies may include former employees as well as individuals from other companies, government or academic labs, incubators, or other organizations as members of the teams they nominate. Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2017. For more information, please visit www.acs.org/heroes.
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.