Do we have a method to holistically consider the impacts of our decisions on the planet? Life cycle assessment (LCA) allows us to determine whether an action is more or less sustainable that other possible actions. A thorough LCA measures multiple impacts, but can become very complex. However, this complexity is essential for quantifying claims and understanding nuances.
To complete your registration, you will be asked to log in using your ACS ID. If you are not already logged in, you may enter your credentials or create an ID from the next screen.Log in or Register Now
This ACS Webinar has ended.
Registrants of this webinar will receive an email with the opportunity to download the slides and view the unedited recording for a 24 hour period after which it will be removed, edited, and become an ACS member benefit.
Join us for a special Chemists Celebrate Earth Week webinar with Global Expertise Principal, Rich Helling of Dow, as he shares how great insights are possible with simple calculations. During this free interactive broadcast, discover how through employing life cycle thinking to balance understand the compromises and trade-offs we all make towards a more sustainable world.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by David Constable of the American Chemical Society and is co-produced with the ACS Green Chemistry Institute and the ACS Committee on Community Activities for the Chemists Celebrate Earth Week campaign.
What You Will Learn
- Why life cycle thinking and assessment is a good way to include environmental dimensions in decisions
- How life cycle thinking and assessment identifies potential hot spots and trade-offs
- Why simple calculations can be insightful and are a great way to include life cycle thinking in daily decisions
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 @ 2-3pm ET
- Free to attend with the creation of an ACS ID
- Slides will be available to download on the day of the broadcast