How to Create Sustainable Product Design that Satisfies Production Demand and Eco-Awareness
Chemical product design, with its emphasis on formulations and a mixture of quantitative and qualitative specifications, always leads to problems with trade-offs, where improvement in one desired outcome inevitably leads to a decline in another. In effect, you’re trying to please two sets of customers, one human and the other Mother Nature. Join Eric Beckman, an entrepreneur and Professor of Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, as he discusses thoughts on how to create viable new products in harmony with both.
What You Will Learn
- Basic product design principles, from opportunity assessment to dealing with trade-offs
- The basics of life cycle impact analysis
- How to make the desired outcomes of both your human and natural customers work for you
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.