American Chemical Society
INNOVATE and COLLABORATE
in the world's largest scientific society!
Be the very best you can be and take your place today as a member of the ACS.
With nearly 157,000 members in over 140 countries worldwide, the American Chemical Society (ACS) empowers and energizes the chemists of today and nurtures the ones of tomorrow.
ACS MEMBERSHIP means lasting connections and broader networks
- Identify contacts in your specialty area in 32 Technical Divisions. First time, new members can join one free for the year!
- Plan activities, organize projects, and connect in the online ACS Network.
- Interact, present and learn with colleagues from around the world at ACS National, Regional and Specialty Meetings.
- Foster chemistry within your community, connect and collaborate in your geographic area through 185 ACS Local Sections.
- Pull your research team and progressive results together with ACS Chemworx™, a powerful research collaboration system designed to integrate all facets of the researcher’s work life.
ACS MEMBERSHIP means greater professional opportunities
- Expand your career horizons with the ACS Career Navigator™ including:
› In-person and virtual ACS Career Fairs.
› ACS Career Consultants offering resume reviews, mock interviews, salary negotiation tips and more.
› ACS Career Pathways™ Workshops, available online and in-person, provide insight on career opportunities in industry, academia, government and entrepreneurship.
› ACS Salary Calculator™ offering comprehensive salary information by career choice. Technical and professional development training courses on new technology, growing trends in the industry and the skills you need to advance your career.
› ACS Leadership Development System®, a competency-based curriculum of self-paced online and in-person facilitated courses.
- Access to C&EN Jobs Database for up-to-date job postings and career opportunities.
- Get recognized for your achievements with ACS awards.
- Advance your scientific endeavors by applying for ACS grants.
ACS is on the frontlines advocating for increased funding for STEM education, R&D opportunities, science and technology jobs, and many other areas in need of support. Your membership enables ACS to help shape public policy, inform the media and general public, and ensure the economic health of our industry.
ACS MEMBERSHIP means shaping the future of the chemistry enterprise
- Become involved in advocacy at the state and federal levels with Act4Chemistry — ACS’ legislative network.
- Promote the importance of Chemists and chemistry in your community by becoming an ACS Chemistry Ambassador.
- Opens doors for economically disadvantaged and underrepresented minority students by donating to Project SEED and ACS Scholars.
- Bring focus to environmental causes during Chemists Celebrate Earth Day.
- Promote the value of chemistry in everyday life at community events during National Chemistry Week.
ACS MEMBERSHIP means access to the most trusted, up-to-date science
- Receive weekly issues of Chemical & Engineering News, the leading chemical magazine, filled with developments in industry, academia, breaking news and the latest research findings in the U.S. and around the world.
- More reactions, more substances, more biomedical content with 25 complimentary SciFinder® activities for personal use —the leading research tool for chemists.
- FREE online access to 25 articles or book chapters of your choice from over 1 million articles published in more than 45 ACS Journals. ACS2Go, a new mobile-optimized website from ACS Publications provide ACS members access to their personal subscriptions on any mobile device.
- As an ACS member you save 50% on each ACS article you publish open access via our various ACS AuthorChoice options.
- ACS Webinars® connect you with the best minds in chemistry through weekly discussions on science, careers and innovation across six topic areas.
- Discover more from the convenience of your home or office with ACS Presentations on Demand®. Recorded presentations from our highly regarded ACS National Meeting & Exposition are a popular resource to hear ground-breaking research.
I enjoy the numerous opportunities to work with the next generation of chemists through Project SEED and the wealth of information available for Chemistry Ambassadors."
Oluwatoyin Asojo - Member for 14 Years
“With ACS, the world of chemistry is under my fingertips, at my desktop."
Deniz Uner - Member for 23 years
ACS means expanding my horizons and collaborating with my fellow students from around the world."
Justin Markowski - Member for 1 year
My activities in the ACS have led to friendships, mentors, and networks that have support me through my career."
Sara Paisner - Member for 17 years
A person that has a degree or certification in chemical or related sciences; or certification as a teacher of a chemical science.
Graduate Student Member
A person who is a full-time graduate student, majoring in a chemical science or a related academic discipline.
A person actively working toward an undergraduate degree in chemistry or in a related academic discipline.
* $27 without C&EN; $54 with C&EN
A person who is not eligible to become a member of the Society but whose major vocational effort is directly concerned with the practice of a chemical science.
Interested? Become a member today!
For membership assistance, call 800-333-9511 or +1-614-447-3776 (outside the U.S.) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org