ACS Career Networking Event
The ACS Career Networking Event is a Member only event!
Who will be Networking?
ACS Members making networking connections with their peers.
Join us on September 19th from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ET
- Networking is a structured process for facilitating introductions and conversation between people who don't know each other.
- Ask easy questions
- Ditch the sales pitch - Have an Elevator Speech Ready but don’t start off with it.
- Share your passion
- Don’t hijack the conversation
- Remember to follow up
Example Networking Questions to Ask
- Based on what I've told you about my interests and skills, can you think of any roles which I might be suited for in your industry?
- What skills are most critical to success in the work you are currently doing?
- What is the most challenging aspect of your current job?
- You mentioned that your first job after college was as a " "; how did you land that position?
- I'm intrigued by the work you did as an " ". What did it take to be successful at that initial job?
- You mentioned that you are ready to change careers. Which of your current skills would you like to draw upon most in the next phase of your career?
- What do you love most about your job?
- Is there anything you dislike about your job?
- What advice would you give to someone who is interested in your field?
- What areas of your industry will offer the greatest opportunity in the coming years?
- Would it be possible for us to meet for a more extensive informational interview at a later date since I am so curious about your work?
- What would you suggest that I do now to facilitate a transition into your industry?
- After hearing about my background, how can I help you move forward with your career?