A résumé serves a single-but-key purpose: To grant you an audience with a potential employer. It’s essential, then, that your résumé makes it clear how and why your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job description.
ACS Career Pathways
ACS membership includes access to ACS Career Pathways, a program dedicated to helping budding and career chemists navigate their careers. There are four main career pathways available to chemical professionals: Industry, Higher Education, Government, and Working for Yourself.
Career Pathways helps you discover the right choice for you and guides you through the application process that is unique to each Pathway.
- Writing a cirriculum vitae for an Academic Position (ACS members only)
- Writing a résumé for an Industrial Position (ACS members only)
- Writing a résumé for a Governmental Position (ACS members only)
- Writing a Business plan when you are Working for Yourself (ACS members only)
Other Résumé Resources
- ACS Career Series Video – YouTube Video "Preparing a Resume" [Video Transcript]
- Self Study Guide for Preparing A Resume
A companion guide for applying strategies to your job search.
- Group Discussion Guide for Preparing A Resume
For individual or group use. Activities designed to refine your job search and resume.
- Resume Preparation Guidebook [.PDF 174 KB]
Tips for chemical professionals
Writing the resume is only slightly above filling out income tax forms in the hierarchy of worldly delights. - Rockport Institute