8-hour Facilitated Course
Member Price: Free | Non-Member Price: $800
The old adage of “Leaders are born and not made” holds little truth today. The ability to lead is not just a natural gift but a concrete, learnable skill that can be developed. Unfortunately there exist many questions about leadership that continue to puzzle even the best managers, including:
- What makes a great leader?
- Do I need to excel in all the leadership competencies equally to be a great leader?
- If I focus on correcting my weaknesses, will I be on my way to being a great leader?
- Is there a real difference in the results of a good leader versus the results produced by a great leader?
Great leaders do make a great difference. Research illustrates that great leaders can significantly impact employees, customers, and ultimately the bottom line. In a volunteer organization like ACS, great leaders can impact the productivity of a committee, the effectiveness of a local section, and the involvement and engagement of members to volunteer in Society projects.
As a senior leader in the Society, knowing what it takes to be a great leader and gaining an understanding of your own strengths can be invaluable in your leadership efforts. The ACS Extraordinary Leader program provides you with a model for effective leadership that will help you achieve exceptional results. As part of the program you will participate in a 360° feedback process that will give you personal feedback on your leadership competencies. With this information you will create a personal plan for developing your leadership strengths to become an extraordinary leader.
After completing this program, a member or potential member will be able to describe:
- Utilize 360° feedback to identify key strengths and possible neutralizers.
- Create a personal development plan that focuses on building strengths.
- Learn the relationship between leadership effectiveness and bottom line results.
- Imbed leadership development in your daily volunteer activities and current work priorities.
- Learn about the 16 leadership behaviors that separate the highest performing leaders from the rest.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
This compelling workshop was designed for ACS leaders with considerable levels of leadership experience. This program is designed for experienced leaders who are ready to hone their leadership strengths for bringing greater value to the Society, their local section, division or committee, and to the members as a whole.
This program, based on the best-selling book The Extraordinary Leader, by Drs. Jack Zenger and Joe Folkman, draws on 20 years of research and data from detailed statistical profiles on more than 25,000 managers in a wide range of companies and industries.
Using the insights and tools of the ACS Extraordinary Leader Program, you can expect measurable results from leadership development. Organizations that have measured changes over time report statistically significant improvements in the 360° feedback scores of participants.