Running Productive Meetings
How many times have you:
- Been stuck in a meeting that seems to go nowhere?
- Attended a meeting where the purpose and objectives were unclear and no one took charge?
- Participated in a meeting where no one was prepared and team members were disengaged?
Most of us hate to get stuck in meetings, believing they are a waste of time and resources. This is often due to them not being run effectively. However, if you have participated in a well-run meeting you know the difference and appreciate the results that were achieved.
Running Productive Meetings helps you develop the understanding and skills to conduct successful meetings. You will learn how to leverage this key leadership tool to effectively and efficiently accomplish team projects.
In this self-paced, online course, you will learn the different types of meetings that are available to you and when to use each for achieving your objectives. As well, you will learn how to prepare agendas for the specific meeting types so you can keep the team focused and on-task. Finally, you will have a chance to understand what it takes to conduct an effective meeting and involve team members in the decision-making and activities.
Specifically, from the convenience of your home or office you can learn:
- The 6 different types of meetings available to you and when to use each for the greatest results.
- The 3 roles members play in a meeting – facilitation/leaders, recorder, and team member – and the responsibility of each role.
- The best way to prepare for a meeting.
- How to effectively conduct a meeting and gain input from key stakeholders.
- How to involve all members – those who are participating as well as those who may be disengaged and disruptive.
- When meetings are not appropriate or even required.
As a leader, you owe it to yourself and your team members to develop strong meeting skills that make the most of their time, talents, and resources.
Who Should Participate in this Course?
This course is designed for emerging leaders in the Society. Running Productive Meetings online interactive course can be taken at your convenience, when and where you like to learn. It is specifically valuable to those members who are new to leadership roles within the Society