Undergraduate and graduate students must be able to recognize hazards, assess risks, minimize risks, and prepare for proper execution of potentially hazardous processes. This collection of guidelines supports institutions, from two-year college programs into graduate programs. The following resources were developed with college and graduate students in mind, using the RAMP framework for scientific safety.
- Learning Objectives for College Students - Information to help plan safety instruction.
Downloadable and printable versions of laboratory safety guides for college labs.
- Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories [PDF]
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories, Eighth Edition [PDF]
- Creating Safety Cultures in Academic Institutions [PDF]
- Guidelines for Chemical Laboratory Safety in Academic Institutions [PDF]
RAMP Safety Education
- Recognize the Hazards
- Recognize the Hazards (Advanced)
- Chemical Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Health Hazards
- Reaction Hazards
- Assess the Risks of the Hazards
- Minimize the Risks of the Hazards
- Minimize the Risks of the Hazards (Advanced)
- Laboratory Equipment
- Prepare for Emergencies from Uncontrolled Hazards
- Recommended Safety Equipment
- Emergency Response
- Special Considerations