Support students and teachers in pursuing their passion for chemistry.
Who Your Donation Helps
100% of your donation goes to support the students and
teachers in our programs.
High School Students
ACS Project SEED
Provide summer internships in research labs for economically disadvantaged youth.
- $2,500 supports a summer research stipend
- $300 supports student's research for one week
- $60 supports student's research for one day
ACS Scholars Program
Provides scholarships to talented students from underrepresented minority groups.
- $5,000 provides a scholarship to a student
- $625 provides 1 month's financial support to a student
- $150 provides 1 week's financial support to a student
Advancing Chemistry Teaching (ACT)
Provide teachers with the latest tools to increase scientific literacy and inspire the next generation of scientists.
- $5,000 offers leadership training to 10 teachers
- $500 offers materials for a classroom supported by a Science Coach
- $100 offers three Science Activity Kits
Here's the impact of your generosity:
400+ high school students received research fellowships
350+ undergraduate students were awarded scholarships
1,100+ chemistry educators obtained training
How to Donate
Whether you're an individual or a corporate donor, you have several options for making a charitable donation. Donations of any amount are accepted and greatly appreciated!
Your donation is tax deductible
ACS is designated as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contribution to the American Chemical Society is tax-deductible. Our Federal Tax ID Number is 53-0196572.
Thank You, Donors!
Thanks to all whose generous contributions to the on-going success of our educational programs for chemistry students and teachers! Donors who make an annual gift of $100 or more will be honored in the American Chemical Society Progress Report.
For more information
If you'd like more information before making a donation, feel free to contact us directly.