Chemistry in the Community Summer Workshops
Increase your understanding of Chemistry in the Community while gaining instructional tips and techniques for student lab investigations and classroom activities.
About Summer Workshops
Unfortunately, no summer workshops will be held in 2015.
Three-day residential workshops Chemistry in the Community are conducted each summer throughout the country by ACS Master Teacher Leaders. In this workshop, you will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the first four units of ChemCom
- Learn instructional tips and techniques
- Get explanations about the ChemCom philosophy
- Perform many of the student laboratory investigations and classroom activities with an emphasis on safety, analysis and preparation
Daily sessions typically run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participants can also expect evening sessions, homework assignments, and group presentations. At the conclusion of the workshop, teachers receive a certificate documenting up to 24 professional development hours.
ACS covers basic expenses, including all meals and housing (guest and family members are not permitted). There is a $50 registration fee.
No workshops will be held in 2014. Please contact us to discuss individualized professional development.
If you have questions or need more information, contact us at:
- (202)872-6383 or (800) 227-5558, ext. 6383