Green Chemistry Workshop for High School Teachers
This workshop will not be offered in 2013.
Learn the basic concepts of green chemistry and discover how you can incorporate this exciting area of chemistry into your high school chemistry curriculum at the Green Chemistry Workshop for High School Teachers.
This 3-day, residential workshop will help you:
- Learn the basic concepts of green chemistry
- Investigate examples of green chemistry applications relevant to students
- Conduct green chemistry experiments that can be incorporated into the curriculum
- Increase your awareness of green chemistry education resources
- Develop strategies for integrating green chemistry into the curriculum
ACS will host two workshops this summer. Daily sessions run from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with opportunities for evening sessions, homework assignments, and group presentations. At the conclusion of the workshop, teachers will receive a certificate documenting up to 24 continuing education units.