Look and Learn Video Contest
ACS Student Chapters were invited to participate in the Look & Learn Video Contest for the 2018 Chemists Celebrate Earth Week (CCEW) program on the theme, "Dive into Marine Chemistry." Using chemistry concepts, students explained and demonstrated how chemistry is used to study marine phenomena or processes of the world’s oceans. The winning video has been provided as an educational resource for 2018 CCEW activities. Watch the winning video below!
- Video entries explained and demonstrated in three minutes the 2018 CCEW theme, “Dive into Marine Chemistry.” One entry was permitted per ACS Student Chapter with sponsoring faculty advisor.
- All video content complied with university and ACS safety guidelines for chemical demonstrations.
- Content was original and not professionally produced.
- Prose and spelling of American English was adapted to educate an audience of 4th to 6th graders.
- All permissions and rights were obtained for any music, images, etc. used in the video.
- Entries were judged based on contest theme, scientific accuracy, originality/creativity, and video quality.
Student Chapter Winners
Universidade de São Paulo
Indiana University of Pennsylvania