Look and Learn Video Contest
ACS Student Chapters are invited to participate in the Look & Learn Video Contest for the 2018 Chemists Celebrate Earth Week (CCEW) program on the theme, "Dive into Marine Chemistry." Using chemistry concepts, students will explain and demonstrate how chemistry is used to study marine phenomena or processes of the world’s oceans. The winning video will be provided as an educational resource for 2018 CCEW activities.
- Video content should explain and demonstrate in three minutes the 2018 CCEW theme, “Dive into Marine Chemistry.” One entry is permitted per ACS Student Chapter with sponsoring faculty advisor.
- All video content must comply with university and ACS safety guidelines for chemical demonstrations.
- Content must be original and not professionally produced.
- Prose and spelling of American English should be adapted to educate an audience of 4th to 6th graders.
- All permissions and rights must have been obtained for any music, images, etc. used in the video.
- Entries will be judged based on contest theme, scientific accuracy, originality/creativity, and video quality.
How to Enter
- Click the "Enter Here" button below to complete the contest entry form.
- Upload release forms for each subject in the video.
- Upload a link to the video with attached copyright permissions.
The contest is now closed.