Assemble Your Team
Coordinating successful NCW activities is a team effort. Recruit other volunteers and delegate other tasks to them as needed.
Here are some ideas for volunteer roles you might recruit for:
- NCW Task Force Members
- Here are some things your planning team members can do: seek partnerships and donations, set strategy for event theme, plan logistics, help promote events, design and select hands-on activities, and coordinate kit creation and distribution.
- Communications Director
- Recruit a student or designer in your local section to take photographs at your event and/or design promotional materials using the Design Toolkit.
- Illustrated Poem Contest Coordinator/Judges
- Recruit volunteers to plan and judge a local illustrated poem contest to submit winners to the ACS-sponsored national illustrated poem contest.
- Safety Manager
- Assign someone to review and perform a risk-assessment on any planned hands-on activities or demonstrations.
- Activity Facilitators
- The NCW Coordinator will need support facilitating hands-on and virtual science activities at events.
- Event Support
- Assign volunteers on site to assist with event check-in and check-out, as well as helping your attendees with wayfinding.
Don’t forget to thank volunteers for pitching in their time and resources for ensuring that your NCW event is a success. Download Volunteer Thank You Letter (docx)