Chemistry in the National Science Education Standards
Models for Meaningful Learning in the High School
Order a copy
Item No. 69910 ― $24.95
About the Book
Chemistry in the National Science Education Standards, 2nd edition, provides models for meaningful learning in the high school chemistry classroom. This valuable resource addresses the science education standards specified by the National Research Council and other issues of interest relevant to the current educational landscape.
High school chemistry teachers and administrators, university chemistry and science education faculty, and professional development providers will recognize this resource as a useful and timely text.
- Updates on addressing the National Science Education Standards
- New chapters on technology, English Language Learners, student misconceptions, learning research, AP Chemistry redesign and more...
- Practical, classroom-tested examples of best practices in secondary chemistry education
- Recommended Web sites and additional readings
- Introduction: Teaching and Learning High School Chemistry
- Chapter 1: Thinking About Standards
- Chapter 2: Why Chemistry?
- Chapter 3: Chemistry and Unifying Themes of Science
- Chapter 4: Inquiry Learning: What Is It? How Do You Do It?
- Chapter 5: Chemistry and the Life Science Standards
- Chapter 6: Earth System Science Topics in the News: How Teachers Can Use These Contexts to Teach Chemistry and Inquiry
- Chapter 7: Technology Standards and the Chemistry Laboratory
- Chapter 8: Bringing Social and Personal Perspectives into Standards-Based Chemistry Instruction in an Urban School District
- Chapter 9: Content Standards for the History and Nature of Science
- Chapter 10: Professional Development of Chemistry Teachers
- Chapter 11: Assessment of Student Learning
- Chapter 12: AP Chemistry: Course and Exam Review
- Chapter 13: Embracing Diverse and English Language Learners in Chemistry
- Chapter 14: Prior Knowledge of Chemistry Students: Chemistry K–8
- Chapter 15: Using the Research-Based Standards to Help Students Learn
- Chapter 16: ACS and Its Role in the Future of Chemistry Education