AmSty (Chemical Engineering) │ SCI Scholars Internship
- Internship Location — St. James, LA
- Preferred Course of Study — Chemical Engineering
- Organizational Unit — Operations
- Internship Period — 10 weeks
- Stipend/Salary —$10,000
- Additional Support — Up to $2,000 for relocation assistance. and relocation expenses
- Current Junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0)
- Current Junior
- Additional Requirements
- Applicants must have reliable transportation and valid U.S. issued drivers license.
We are excited to provide a summer process engineering internship opportunity for an SCI scholar! Supporting our St. James facility process engineers, the intern will perform a variety of tasks designed to take advantage of the student's technical expertise while providing the student with real-world technical experience. Our process engineers are responsible for improving the efficiency of existing processes and/or planning for additions, turnarounds, repairs and new expansions to the plant.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Unit optimization and design
- Conducting plant tests or surveys
- Economic analysis for projects
- Process design and/or project execution for small capital projects
- Optimizing unit feedstock and product mixes
- Support for process hazards analysis and management of change
The student will be provided a mentor(s) who will direct their summer work experience.
AmSty is a leading integrated producer of polystyrene and styrene monomer, offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the Americas. Positioned as the second largest polystyrene producer and the third largest styrene producer in the Americas, AmSty brings competitive and technological advantages to its customers. AmSty is a joint venture equally owned by Trinseo LLC and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by November 30 [extended to December 4] , 2019, midnight EST.
Select 3 internship positions and complete the application form (requires CV/resume).
Apply by November 30 [extended to December 4], 2019, midnight EST
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
|Recommendation Form||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|