Carus Corporation │ SCI Scholars Internship
- Location — LaSalle, IL
- Preferred Course of Study — Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Organizational Unit — Carus LLC
- Internship Period — June 1 - August 14, 2020 (10 weeks)
- Salary — $7,200
- Additional Support — $2,000 advance of salary
- Current sophomore or junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0)
- Additional requirements —
- Must have sufficient mobility to access all areas of the plant, including climbing and descending ladders and stairways.
- Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to wear specialized personal protective equipment, such as respirators.
The intern will be assigned to the Process Development team which is responsible for developing manufacturing processes for new products as well as improving the process for existing product lines. The intern work includes: theoretical analysis; laboratory experimentation and analysis; as well as development and operation of Pilot Plant scale equipment. Interns will also participate in various field trips exposing them to different manufacturing technologies and will be expected to present the results and findings of their internship to the company executive leadership.
Headquartered in LaSalle/Peru, IL, Carus Corporation is a dynamic, growing, environmental services company – a world leader in supplying products and services to the markets of water, air, and soil remediation. During our 100-year history, Carus’ ongoing reliance on research and development, as well as our emphasis on technical support and customer service has enabled us to become a leader in permanganate chemistries, manganese oxidation, catalyst and blended phosphate technologies.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by November 30 [extended to December 4] , 2019, midnight EST.
Select 3 internship positions and complete the application form (requires CV/resume).
Apply by November 30 [extended to December 4], 2019, midnight EST
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
|Recommendation Form||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|