Dow Chemical │ SCI Scholars Internship
- Location — Midland, MI
- Preferred Course of Study — Chemical Engineering
- Organizational Unit — Operations
- Stipend/salary — $9,000
- Internship Period — May - Augsut 2020 (12-14 weeks)
- Additional Support — Relocation and housing assistance provided
- Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to provide own reliable transportation and have a valid U.S.-issued drivers license.
- Must attend a four-year university with an ABET-accredited chemical engineering program.
- Must be available for a 12-14 week assignment.
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
The student will be expected to provide general support for the production engineers in a Midland Dow AgroSciences manufacturing plant. Examples of tasks might include, but are not limited to:
- Create operating discipline and provide training to operations personnel.
- Collect and analyze process data to document process capabilities & asset utilization.
- Identify process limitations and propose/implement strategies to reduce or eliminate such limitations.
- Execute small expense projects to improve the operating efficiency of the plant.
- Document expected responses to process control alarms.
- Generate process knowledge to maintain or improve product quality, energy efficiency, & production rates.
- Participate in plant Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) programs.
- Maintain & improve the EH&S performance of the plant.
- Maintain the accuracy of plant piping & instrument diagrams.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at www.dow.com/en-us/contact, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by November 30 [extended to December 4] , 2019, midnight EST.
Select 3 internship positions and complete the application form (requires CV/resume).
Apply by November 30 [extended to December 4], 2019, midnight EST
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
|Recommendation Form||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|