ExxonMobil │ SCI Scholars Internship
- Locations — Baytown, TX and Baton Rouge, LA (One position at each location)
- Preferred Course of Study — Chemical Engineering
- Organizational Unit — Manufacturing
- Stipend/salary — $10,000
- Internship Period — 10-12 weeks
- Additional Support — Relocation and housing assistance provided
- Current junior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0)
Interns will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, implementing, controlling, and optimizing industrial processes in a petrochemical manufacturing plant.
- Work as a member of the technical team to provide process engineering support for operations.
- Provide technical advice/support to operational issues.
- Perform unit optimization, troubleshooting, and de-bottlenecking improvements.
- Collect data, analyze complex technical issues, identify key drivers, and propose recommendations to support decision-making and resolution of technical issues.
- Support on-going risk assessments, reliability improvements and equipment strategy development.
- Acquire knowledge of business unit and how it fits into overall plant operations / profitability.
- Unit(s) feed, prediction tools, lab analysis and economics
- Unit(s) effect on overall Chemical Plant/Refinery economics.
- Incentive for increasing feed rates, service factor, yield and improving quality.
- Effect of unit on final product quality.
- Adhere to industry and company policies and safety programs.
ExxonMobil Chemical Company is one of the world’s premier petrochemical companies and has manufacturing capacity in every major region of the world, serving large and growing markets. More than 90 percent of the company’s chemical capacity is integrated with ExxonMobil refineries or natural gas processing plants. Sustainability principles are deeply embedded in our business and have helped guide the way we operate for decades. They provide economic opportunities, products that people need and want, and improve the communities where we live.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by November 30 [extended to December 4] , 2019, midnight EST.
Select 3 internship positions and complete the application form (requires CV/resume).
Apply by November 30 [extended to December 4], 2019, midnight EST
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
|Recommendation Form||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|