Milliken │ SCI Scholars Internship
- Internship Location — Spartanburg, SC
- Preferred Course of Study — Chemistry
- Organizational Unit — Chemical Division
- Internship Period — Beginning of June 2020 (10 weeks)
- Stipend/Salary — $7,800
- Additional Support — Relocation reimbursement up to $2,000
- Additional Requirements
- Candidates must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Candidates must provide for their own housing.
- Current juinior
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0)
The intern will work closely with and under the supervision of a PhD researcher to create and test new systems. The work will involve both bench chemistry and prototype creation with materials that may be useful for polymer additives or consumer products. Experience in organic synthesis and analytical chemistry (spectroscopy, chromatography, etc.) is relevant and helpful. The ideal candidate would be interested in joining our company upon graduation and relocating to South Carolina.
Participation in Milliken’s Summer Challenge program.
This 10-week program:
- Exposes participants to Milliken’s core values and culture
- Allows interns to meet and get to know our associates
- Educates interns on career opportunities at Milliken
Milliken is an innovation company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, we work around the world to add value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and make the world more sustainable. We have a global presence with 39 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France and China. In addition, sales and service operations are located throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by November 30 [extended to December 4] , 2019, midnight EST.
Select 3 internship positions and complete the application form (requires CV/resume).
Apply by November 30 [extended to December 4], 2019, midnight EST
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
|Recommendation Form||Select two people to submit recommendations. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|