Bridge Project - ACS Career Kick-Starter
A workshop for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars transitioning into professional working environments
In partnership with the Genentech Foundation, ACS is pleased to offer a Career Kick-Starter Workshop.
This career development workshop will be offered to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from underrepresented racial and ethnic (UR) groups. Traditionally, UR groups refer to primarily African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans; however, other UR groups are welcome to participate as well.
This workshop consists of five interactive learning modules, stimulation discussions from a diverse panel of professionals, one-on-one career consultations with a career adviser, and opportunities for creating meaningful professional connections.
When & Where
The ACS CKS Workshop was originally intended to be hosted at the Genentech Foundation in San Francisco, California. However, it will now be held virtually. More details of the virtual event will be provided.
- Understand how skills, values, and opportunities intersect to create a satisfying career path
- Identify their own personal values and skills
- Apply strategies for career exploration in different job sectors (Academia, Industry, Government, and Non-Profit/Entrepreneurship/Other)
- Develop goals to reach their desired career objective
- Learn how to conduct a successful job search
How to Apply
Applications for the 2021 Workshop will open in Fall 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.