A PhD Workshop for Industrial Careers
Sponsored by ACS and DuPont GOLD
Join ACS and DuPont for a workshop exploring different industrial career opportunities for ACS Bridge Fellows and underrepresented PhD students and post-doctoral scholars in the chemical sciences. DuPont employees will provide insight into effective communication techniques both in professional settings and in interviews and how to develop sustainable and professional relationships through mentorship and collaboration. Participants will also have an opportunity to network with DuPont scientists, gain insights into the interview process, and receive advice on how to be successful as they enter and progress through an industrial career.
- Improve professional communication
- Understand the interview and hiring process
- Recognize the importance of mentoring and collaboration
- Learn about different industrial career paths
- Expand professional networks
When and Where
The 2021 PhD Workshop for Industrial Careers will be held online on September 23, 2021, from 1PM - 5PM ET.
How to Apply
The application submission period for the 2021 PhD Workshop for Industrial Careers will open on Monday, July 12, 2021 and will remain open until Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Interested applicants should apply below and submit the following material:
- Research Summary
- A personal statement describing how your research has been positively affected by professional collaboration or mentoring relationships (as a mentor or mentee)
Two applicants with the best personal statements will be awarded a cash prize of $500 each and receive a guaranteed interview with a DuPont recruiter. Winners will be selected by the workshop review board.
Spots are limited. Selected and not selected participants will be notified by Friday, September 3, 2021.