Postdoc to Faculty Workshop
A workshop for prospective chemistry faculty
If you are a postdoctoral fellow interested in a faculty position in the chemical sciences at a college or university, this workshop can help you prepare for a rewarding career. Housing and meals will be provided to the selected applicants.
When and Where
July 26-28, 2019 - Atlanta, GA
The Postdoc to Faculty (P2F) Workshop:
- compares positions and respective expectations in undergraduate and graduate chemistry departments
- provides assistance with and feedback on teaching philosophies and research statements
- presents strategies for balancing scholarship, teaching, and service expectations with life outside academia
- creates a network of early-career faculty along with mentors, who can help guide newly-appointed professors
- introduces interactive teaching models and provides resources to facilitate their incorporation
How to Apply
Apply for P2F 2019 Atlanta.
Applications are open from January 21 until April 7.
Please review the entire application form and gather all of the necessary information prior to attempting to start the application.
Apply for the Dan Su Travel Award
Female applicants can request that their applications be considered for the Dan Su Travel Award during the application process.
The Dan Su Travel Award is a competitive award used to encourage women pursuing an academic career in chemistry. It will be awarded to the top four applications from women.
The Dan Su Travel Award is established in memory of Dr. Dan Su, who served as Manager of both Analytical R&D and Quality Control Departments at Cambridge Major Laboratories, Inc. Dr. Su earned her bachelor's and master's degrees in polymer chemistry at Jilin University and Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology, respectively, before receiving her Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University of Montreal. She conducted postdoctoral research with Dr. Fred Menger and Dr. David Jaeger before embarking on an industrial career.