Postdoc to Faculty Workshop
A Workshop for Prospective Chemical Sciences Faculty
If you are a postdoctoral fellow interested in a faculty position in the chemical sciences at a college or university, this workshop can help you prepare for a rewarding career.
The Postdoc to Faculty (P2F) Workshop:
- compares positions and respective expectations in undergraduate and graduate chemistry departments
- provides assistance with and feedback on faculty application materials
- presents strategies for balancing scholarship, teaching, and service expectations with life outside academia
- creates a network of early-career faculty along with mentors, who can help guide newly-appointed professors
- introduces interactive teaching models and provides resources to facilitate their incorporation
When and Where
The 2022 Postdoc to Faculty Workshop will be held on July 29 – July 31, 2022 in Portland, Oregon.
Safety is a core value of the American Chemical Society, and as such the health and well-being of our members, community, and staff are paramount. Currently, the 2022 Postdoc to Faculty Workshop is currently scheduled to be held in person. However, we will continue to monitor the latest updates regarding the current pandemic and will update workshop participants and facilitators if a virtual space is necessary.
How to Apply
The 2022 Postdoc to Faculty Workshop application will open January 10, 2022.
This booklet is based on advice from a group of faculty members who facilitated two ACS “Postdoc to Faculty” workshops, 2018 P2F in Boston, MA and 2019 P2F in Atlanta, GA.