ACS Career Kick-Starter Workshop
The Career Kick-Starter Workshop is a two-day career development workshop for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Chemical science departments are encouraged to host this event on their campus so that in two days, graduate students and postdocs can receive the necessary knowledge and tools that would otherwise require weeks of individual effort to obtain. After this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand how skills, values and opportunities intersect to create a satisfying career path.
- Identify their own personal values and skills.
- Apply strategies for career exploration in different job sectors (Academia, Industry, Government and Non-Profit/Entrepreneurship/Other).
- Develop goals to reach their desired career objective.
- Conduct a successful job search.
In addition to the workshop, graduate students and postdocs will have the opportunity to participate in a one-on-one career advising session.