Chemistry Olympiad Coordinators
What USNCO Coordinators Do
Coordinators for the U.S. National Chemistry Olympiad (USNCO) are volunteers appointed by ACS Local Sections to coordinate the USNCO program in each participating ACS Local Section. Only Coordinators are authorized to receive forms, order exams, and oversee the administration of Local Section Exams and National Exams.
- Advertise and promote the Olympiad program in their local section
- Contact high school teachers
- Register schools and students for participation
- Order exams, certificates, USNCO pins, etc.
- Oversee the administration of Local Section and National Exams
- Distribute test results
Frequently Asked Questions
Becoming a Coordinator
- How do I become a coordinator?
Coordinators are appointed by their ACS Local Section Chair.
- How do I register my local section to participate in this year’s Olympiad program?
Contact your local section chair or the USNCO office.
- What are the rules for the national exam?
You can review rules online or find them in the Coordinator Handbook.
- Where do I get exams?
Send an email to email@example.com to request an order form. Only USNCO Coordinators are authorized to submit this order form.
- How do I know what materials and chemicals I will need for the competition lab practical?
Coordinators will receive a preliminary listing of materials and chemicals to prepare for the lab practical by email. The final materials list is sent by U.S. mail with the national examination packet. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What is my section's National Exam allotment?
Your section will have a minimum of 10 or more participants, this number varies depending on the number of ACS members in your Local Section. 2021 allotments were determined based on the membership counts as of October 2020.
- What if I have a repeater? Does that affect my National Exam allotment?
Study camp repeaters do not count against your allotment and are automatically eligible to sit for the National Exam.
New for 2020/2021: webinars, coaching sessions and grants to help coordinators, teachers, and students participate in the U.S. National Chemistry Olympiad.
Includes all information about administering the Chemistry Olympiad program
T-shirts, buttons and microfiber cleaning cloths are now available.
Spread the word! Download posters, flyers, graphics, and sample social media posts to promote the USNCO.