Chemistry Olympiad Coordinators
What Coordinators Do
Coordinators for the U.S. National Chemistry Olympiad (USNCO) are volunteers appointed by ACS Local Sections to coordinate the USNCO program in each participating ACS Local Section. Only Coordinators are authorized to receive forms, order exams, and oversee the administration of Local Section Exams and National Exams.
- Advertise and promote the Olympiad program in their local section
- Contact high school teachers
- Register schools and students for participation
- Order exams, certificates, USNCO pins, etc.
- Oversee the administration of Local Section and National Exams
- Distribute test results
Frequently Asked Questions
Becoming a Coordinator
- What are the rules for the national exam?
You can review rules online or find them in the Coordinator Handbook.
- Where do I get exams?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an order form. Only USNCO Coordinators are authorized to submit this order form.
- How do I know what materials and chemicals I will need for the competition lab practical?
Coordinators will receive a preliminary listing of materials and chemicals to prepare for the lab practical by email. The final materials list is sent by U.S. mail with the national examination packet. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- What if I have a repeater? Does that affect my National Exam allotment?
Your section will have a minimum of 10 or more participants, this number varies depending on the number of ACS members in your Local Section. Study camp repeaters do not count against your allotment and are automatically eligible to sit for the National Exam.