Ciba Travel Awards in Green Chemistry
This annual green chemistry award sponsors the participation of students—from high school through graduate school—to attend an American Chemical Society (ACS) technical meeting, conference, or training program, having a significant green chemistry or sustainability component. Students residing within the U.S. are eligible for this grant. The applicant must demonstrate research or educational interest in green chemistry.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications to this award is now closed.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Students (high school, undergraduates, and graduate students) residing within the U.S. are eligible for this grant.
- The applicant must demonstrate research or educational interest in green chemistry. Green chemistry for this purpose is defined as “the discovery and design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substances.”
- The student should be prepared to give an oral or poster presentation on his/her interest area during the conference, if feasible, and submit a report to ACS GCI on his/her experience after the conference.
- Applicants are responsible for meeting the abstract deadline dates of the meeting they want to attend
Eligible ACS Conferences
- ACS Regional Meetings in 2017 or 2018
- ACS National Meeting in New Orleans, LA, March 18-22, 2018
- Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference in Portland, OR, June 18-20, 2018
- ACS National Meeting in Boston, MA, August 19-23, 2018
- Visit www.acs.org/meetings for details about these ACS conferences
A panel of experts selected by the ACS Green Chemistry Institute® will judge the applications. This panel might include members of the scientific, educational, industrial, governmental and environmental communities.
Notification and Award
Notification of the award and award amount will be made on or before November 17, 2017. The award will be mailed as a reimbursement check after the conference takes place. To receive the reimbursement, a 1-page written report and travel expense receipts will be required.