CTA/YCC Leadership Development Award
We want to give everyone a chance to become a leader in ACS
The American Chemical Society’s Committee on Technician Affairs (CTA) and Younger Chemists Committee (YCC) sponsors 2 awards providing funding for ACS members who are less than 35 years of age to travel to and participate in the annual ACS Leadership Institute, which will be held January 24-26, 2020 in Atlanta, GA at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center. Additional information about the ACS Leadership Institute may be found here. The award covers registration fees, transportation, lodging and meals. Two award winners will be identified. The goals of the Leadership Institute are to:
- Develop leadership skills that will be useful to members at work and in their volunteer roles
- Identify the value and benefits of being an ACS volunteer leader to leaders and their employers
- Acquire knowledge and share best practices through networking with other ACS leaders, governance and staff
- Have fun through engaging and interactive sessions throughout the conference
- Membership in the American Chemical Society at the time of application
- Less than 35 years of age as of December 31, 2019
- US citizen, permanent residence, student or work visa
- Currently reside in the US
Application Packet (Online application process)
- Completed application form
Note: You will be asked to upload a copy of your CV/Resume during the application process.
- One letter of recommendation, from someone familiar with your leadership activities and leadership potential.
The letter of recommendation should be emailed directly to email@example.com. The subject line should read as follows: "CTA/YCC Leadership Award Letter of Recommendation for [APPLICANT'S FULL NAME]"
All application materials must be submitted by December 31, 2019, and on a rolling basis. Apply today!
The following criteria are used to select the winners:
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in ACS activities
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in other professional societies, organizations, universities
- Leadership in current position; potential for leadership position
- Past/ present mentoring experiences
- Academic achievements, awards, etc.
- Other (Presentations, invited talks, publications, meetings, professional development courses
For further information please contact: