2021 ACS DEIR Faculty Advisor/Chapter Officer Grant
ACS is excited to announce a new funding opportunity exclusively for faculty advisors and student leaders of ACS Student Chapters, ACS International Student Chapters, and ACS Graduate Student Organizations (GSOs).
This grant will support professional development endeavors intended to increase and support the ACS Core Value of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Respect (DEIR) within the student chapters and GSOs. Applicants can apply to receive funds for DEIR professional development opportunities, such as courses, training, materials, etc. The goal of this grant is to help create more inclusive and respectful spaces within ACS student groups.
You may request up to $750 USD for your proposal. Funding is limited and you may only receive this award once.
Deadlines & review process:
These funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be reviewed on a rolling basis by a panel. Selected proposals will favor applications that propose impactful activities and well-reasoned use of funds.
Processing/distribution of awarded funds:
Awarded funds will be sent to the university or chapter bank account. The faculty advisor will be responsible for the appropriate disbursement of funds. Please note that processing/distribution of funds may be delayed due to the pandemic; if funds do not arrive in your account prior to your event, the funds can be used as a reimbursement for out of pocket costs directly associated with the awarded activity.
Questions on the application:
- Name of proposal
- Total amount requested
- Detailed list of expenses
- Sources of other funding, if any
- Describe your current DEIR environment and efforts, and how you wish to improve it.
- Describe the proposed DEIR efforts and explain why this would be the most effective/impactful direction for your chapter and you in your circumstances.
- Will the entire chapter participate in the propsed event/training? If so, please provide the ACS member names and numbers.
- Is this an online/virtual event? If so, please provide the link to the training.
- How will you measure the success of the proposed activities? How will those participating share knowledge and promote good DEIR practices within the student group?
A final report will be required within 30 days of completing your activity. Information, regarding how to submit the final report, will be provided to those who receive the grant.