Innovative Activities Grants
The ACS Innovative Activities Grant supports new and innovative chemistry-related projects implemented by ACS Student Chapters. Chapters are eligible to receive up to $500 in matching funds.
To be eligible for an Innovative Activities Grant, chapters must:
- Have active status. A chapter is considered active if:
(1) A chapter report was submitted within the last three years
(2) At least six ACS student members paid their ACS dues
- Submit all financial reports for any chapter grants received during the academic year, if applicable. Projects which continue or show minor modifications of previous activities will not be funded.
- Provide funds to match the amount of the grant
- Your proposal should include a rationale and describe details about the project, your target audience, partnerships, and staff (including qualifications); safety considerations; and evaluation methods.
- Do not include requests for food service unless it is essential to your project, in which case no more than half of your request should be itemized for food expenditures.
- Include a tentative schedule with a completion date no later than June 3, 2016.
- Project leaders must submit a brief (1-2 pages) interim report no later than Friday, January 15, 2016.
- The final report, due June 13, 2016, should include a detailed project description with sample activities, photographs, evaluation of results, and a final budget summary. If your project is not completed by the final report date, grant money must be refunded and a new grant proposal must be submitted.
Proposal Criteria & Considerations
|Project Rationale||In what way is the project new to the chapter or the community?|
|Target Audience||Who is your target audience? Provide as much information as possible (i.e. statistics).|
|Project Description||What will happen over the course of this project? Who will be involved, what will they do, and how often? What is the timeframe of the project? Who will benefit from the project and how many people will be involved? What materials and facilities will be required? What science topics will be addressed and how will you cover them? Please provide details about topics, chemistry activities, or experiments.|
|Matching Funds (required)||What arrangements have been made to secure additional financial support for this project? Please attach any letters of support.
Be sure to obtain accurate estimates for proposed expenses, and request no more than 50% of the total budget from ACS on this grant proposal. Clearly indicate the source(s) of your matching funds.
|Safety Considerations||How will your chapter ensure appropriate safety precautions for participants?|
|Participant Qualifications||Do your student project directors or supervisors have experience in administering activities comparable to those outlined in the proposal?|