ACS 2021 Student Group Development & Engagement Grant
ACS is excited to announce a funding opportunity for all student groups (ACS Student Chapters, ACS International Student Chapters, and ACS Graduate Student Organizations). The purpose of this grant is to support outreach events, group engagement, career and professional development, or group growth.
You may request up to $1000 USD for your proposal. Funding is limited and you may only receive this award once.
Deadlines & review process:
These funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be reviewed on a rolling basis by a panel. Selected proposals will favor applications that propose meaningful chapter/group activities and well-reasoned use of funds.
Processing/distribution of awarded funds:
Awarded funds will be sent to the university or chapter bank account. The faculty advisor will be responsible for appropriate disbursement of funds. Please note that processing/distribution of funds may be delayed due to the pandemic; if funds do not arrive in your account prior to your event, the funds can be used as a reimbursement for out of pocket costs directly associated with the awarded activity.
Questions on the application:
- Name of proposal
- Proposed budget
- Total amount requested
- Provide details about how the funds will be used, i.e. the the individual items to be purchased
- Share if you will you be receiving money from any other sources
- Describe how the funds will support your student chapter by building and strengthening your community and increase the unity of your chapter.
- What chemical safety considerations are necessary for your proposed activity? Describe any potential hazards and how your group will address them.
- How will your group measure the success of this activity?
A final report will be required within 30 days of completing your activity. Information, regarding how to submit the final report, will be provided to those who receive the grant.