National Meeting Travel Grant for International Student Chapters
International student chapters are eligible for this $2500 grant if they meet the following criteria:
- Chapter must be chartered outside of the United States or Puerto Rico (Learn how to become a chartered chapter)
- Have at least 6 paid members of the ACS
- Have a faculty advisor who is also a member of the ACS
Awarded funds will be wired to the chapter’s bank account once each traveler submits proof of valid travel documents (e.g. a visa, if necessary).
The international student chapter must have its own bank account in order to receive funds. If this is not possible, please contact email@example.com to discuss options.
How can international student chapters use the funds?
- Funds must be used to support at least 1 student member's travel to the national meeting
- Funds can support a maximum of 1 faculty advisor's travel to the national meeting
- Chapter members traveling to the meeting will be required to register as a volunteer for the undergraduate program during the meeting
- The chapter will be asked to submit a final report outlining your experience at the national meeting
Email a one-page document to firstname.lastname@example.org that answers the following questions:
- Who from your chatper will be traveling to the ACS National Meeting?
- Why were these students/faculty chosen to attend?
- How will the chapter use the funds?
- How will the attendees share their experiences with the rest of their chapter when they return to their university?