National Meeting Travel Grant for International Student Chapters
Applications for the National Meeting Travel Grant for the Spring ACS Meeting in Orlando due November 1!
Your international student chapter must meet the following criteria:
- Student chapter must be chartered outside the United States
- Student chapter must have "active status" with ACS:
- Have at least 6 paid ACS members who are undergraduate or graduate students
- Have a faculty advisor who is an ACS member
- Have submitted a student chapter report at least once in the last 3 years
- Funds must support at least 1 student member's travel to the National Meeting
- See Use of Funds and Additional Requirements for additional grant conditions
How can international student chapters use the funds?
- Funds may be used to assist with meeting registration, lodging, and/or transportation costs.
- Funds must be used to support at least 1 student member's travel to the national meeting.
- In addition to 1 or more student travelers, funds can support a maximum of 1 faculty advisor's travel to the national meeting.
- Funds are awarded to the international student chapter and will be transferred to the chapter (not to an individual student).
- Each student chapter is responsible for allocating awarded funds to the selected traveler(s).
- Travelers are responsible for making their own arrangements, including securing a passport or visa if necessary, booking travel and lodging, registering for the national meeting, etc.
ACS will not transfer grant funds until the chapter has provided proof of valid travel documents (e.g. passport, visa) to ACS Student Communities. Any costs associated with obtaining a visa, etc. must be paid by the traveler or student chapter. At the student chapter's discretion, grant funds may be used to reimburse these costs once the money has been transferred.
- Student chapter members traveling to the meeting commit to volunteering for the student program, at the discretion of ACS staff.
- A final report outlining the chapter's experience at the the national meeting, including how the travelers have shared their experience with the rest of the chapter upon return, is due no later than 30 days following the meeting. Photos are greatly appreciated, as well.
- Please submit one report per student chapter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eligibility for future grants is contingent on submission of the post-meeting final report.