ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Grant Application
A completed application will include the following:
- Name and contact information. You will be notified of your award status by June 30, 2015. Please submit contact information based on where you will be during that time.
- School information, such as school location, type, and category.
- Statement of Support. Submit the completed and signed by your school administrator (e.g., principal or superintendent).
- Proposal. To assist you with your grant proposal, we have created a downloadable worksheet. The worksheet includes the questions and all the information required by the online application form. The worksheet is for planning purposes only. You still must complete the online application form to be considered for the 2015-2016 application cycle. Also for your benefit are example proposals representing each proposal category.
- Budget (not to exceed $1,500). The budget should justify the amount requested.
- Create an account in the online application system. The account allows you update your application at any time prior to submission and view your application status after submission. Your email address will serve as the username for the account, so use your most preferred email.
- Select “Start New Application” in the left navigation pane.
- Select “2015 ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Teacher Grant” to begin application.
- Enter and submit the required materials for this application form. All information, including transcripts, must be submitted with this form. Information not currently available in electronic form can be converted to a PDF using the Fax-to-Mail feature in the left navigation field. You may save and return to your application until the April 1st submission deadline.
- Submit your application. Saved drafts are not considered submitted applications. You must select the “Submit” button. A confirmation email will be sent to confirm your submission.
As you complete your grant application, please consider that your application will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Applicant uses language that is clear, concise and free of grammatical errors.
- Responses strongly align with the questions posed in each section.
- Applicant addresses an important issue or topic in chemistry education.
- Proposed plan is feasible.
- Strongest proposals will have an impact that will be sustained beyond the funding period.
- Budget items clearly support the proposed activities do not exceed $1,500.
If you have questions about the application process, contact us at:
- 800-227-5558, ext. 8178