ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant
Learn a new skill.
Apply what you learn in your chemistry classroom.
Share your experience with your colleagues.
The ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant supports high school chemistry teachers as they identify and pursue opportunities that advance their professional development and enhance the teaching and learning of chemistry in their classrooms.
Applications are accepted between October 15th - January 4th annually.
Applicants must be a high school chemistry educator teaching in a U.S. or U.S. territory school.
What We Fund
Teachers can request up to $1,500 to fund the professional development opportunities that will improve their professional skills and student achievement.
Grants may be used for:
- Conference or workshop registration fees
- Travel expenses
- Tuition and educational expenses for new/upcoming courses
- Books and online instructional resources
- Substitute teacher pay
Grants may not be used to:
- Pay indirect costs, administration fees, salaries, or stipends.
- Reimburse for courses already completed.
- Support travel costs or conference fees for more than one person. Each person must apply separately.
- Support travel and related-expenses to provide professional development to other educators.
- Purchase lab equipment or classroom materials that are not related to the professional development experience. If items are purchased, total cost cannot exceed 20% of the overall budget.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021. We will start accepting applications for 2022 starting October 15, 2021.
Grants awarded will fund professional development activities that take place by August 1, 2022. If you would like to have a grant for activities that will take place after August 1, 2022, consider applying for the ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Classroom Grant.
Information for Current Grant Recipients
2021 Applicant Notification/
February 28, 2021
2020 Grant Final Reporting Deadline
March 30, 2021