ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant
Learn a new skill.
Apply what you learn in your chemistry classroom.
Share your experience with your colleagues.
The ACS-Hach Professional Development Grant supports high school chemistry teachers as they identify and pursue opportunities that advance their professional development and enhance the teaching and learning of chemistry in their classrooms.
Applicants must be a high school chemistry educator teaching in a U.S. or U.S. territory school.
What We Fund
Teachers can request up to $1,500 to fund the professional development opportunities that will improve their professional skills and student achievement.
Grants may be used for:
- Conference or workshop registration fees
- Travel expenses
- Tuition and educational expenses for new/upcoming courses
- Books and online instructional resources
- Substitute teacher pay
Grants may not be used to:
- Pay indirect costs, administration fees, salaries, or stipends.
- Reimburse for courses already completed.
- Support travel costs or conference fees for more than one person. Each person must apply separately.
- Purchase lab equipment or classroom materials that are not related to the professional development experience. If items are purchased, total cost cannot exceed 20% of the overall budget.
Applications are accepted annually October 15th to January 4th.
Grants awarded in 2016 will fund professional development activities that take place by August 1, 2017. If you would like to have a grant for activities that will take place after August 1, 2017, consider applying for the ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Classroom Grant.
View the reapplication and reporting requirements.
February 28, 2017
2016 Grant Reporting Deadline
March 30, 2017
2017 Application Start Date
October 15, 2017