ACS-Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship
The ACS-Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate chemistry majors who attend one of our 72 partner institutions and express an interest in teaching high school chemistry. Students are selected on the bases of chemistry aptitude, interest, and need. The selection process is administered by partner universities.
Scholars receive $10,000 per academic year for up to six years. Students must meet the award criteria to renew a scholarship. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses. The partner universities have oversight for the selection of scholars.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of our partner institutions
- Major in chemistry and complete educational program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Express the intention to teach high school chemistry after graduation
How to Apply & Renew
Eligible Chemistry-Related Disciplines
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Ceramic Science/
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Science/Engineering (must be chemistry-based)
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not Nutrition)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science or Petroleum Engineering
- Nanotechnology or Nanoscience
- Paper and Pulp Technology