Corporation Associates Seed Grant
Grant at a Glance
The ACS Committee on Corporation Associates (CA) considers requests for seed grants that further CA's role in areas agreed upon by the Committee. Funding guidelines for each applicant are generally up to $5,000 per calendar year.
CA suggests the following areas for consideration:
- Education in the field of chemical sciences
- Education of the public regarding the chemical industry
- Enhancement of professionalism or safety in chemistry
CA seed grants are not intended to fund the following:
- Purchase of equipment, chemistry kits, etc.
- Travel exclusively
- Any activities or programs that may be considered illegal in respective areas (states/countries/regions)
The following information will be required to submit your funding proposals:
Name, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone number for the primary contact person.
- Describe the problem or opportunity.
- What has been done before within ACS or by others to address the issue?
- Why should it be of concern to both ACS and the chemical industries?
- How does it relate to CA's mission?
- What will be done and by whom?
- Who will benefit from this effort?
- What results are expected?
- What is the total cost of the project or program?
- What is the total amount you are requesting from CA?
- What other sources of funding have you pursued? Please provide a detailed list of anticipated expenses.
Submissions are reviewed and approved by the Committee on Corporation Associates following the ACS Spring and Fall Meetings.
- February 15: ACS Spring Meeting.
Winners will be notified no later than April 15.
- July 1: ACS Fall Meeting.
Winners will be notified no later than September 15.
- All winners will be required to complete the grant report.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process or otherwise, email email@example.com.