Local Section Innovative Project Grant
Grant at a Glance
To encourage ACS local sections to conceive of and implement innovative projects to strengthen the functioning of the local section.
The ACS Committee on Local Section Activities (LSAC) funds new local section projects through Local Section Innovative Projects Grants (IPGs).
Proposed innovative projects must:
- Be new to the applying local section
- Stimulate local section member involvement, and
- Be pilot projects for a continuing section activity or else take advantage of a unique upcoming opportunity for the local section.
Projects that support interaction with other ACS local sections, ACS divisions, ACS committees, other professional associations, or community groups are especially encouraged, as are programs that foster inclusiveness and participation of diverse section membership or segments of the general public.
How to Apply
The IPG application form details the requirements, which include:
- Information and Summary sheet (one page)
- Full description of the project including objectives, plan of action, line-item budget, and evaluation plan (two pages maximum)
Also required are:
- Letter or email of support from the current local section chair (or Executive Committee member if the Chair is Project Coordinator)
- Letters or emails of support from co-sponsoring local sections, divisions, committees, or other community groups, if applicable
Awards will be up to $3,500 per application. There are some restrictions on IPG funding. Specifically, funds from the IPG program may not be used for:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Full meals for local section members
- Pass-through donations to other individuals or organizations
FAQs & Recently Funded Projects
Local sections should read through these updated frequently asked questions, which outline IPG rules and considerations in more detail.
View this list of recently funded IPGs for an overview of the various activities local sections have planned.
IPG Timing & Dates
- Only one proposal per local section per year will be funded, dating from the last submission date.
- Application deadlines occur twice yearly: January 31 and June 30 by 11:59 pm ET.
- Proposals will be reviewed by LSAC and local sections will be notified of funding before June 1 and October 1.
- Funds will be distributed by June 15 and October 15.
- A funded project should be completed within 12 months of the award date.
describing how the funds were used and the impact the project had must be submitted to LSAC within three months of completion of the funded project.
- Applications submitted via Good Done Great must have their final report submitted by the original applicant
- All other applications should submit their final reports through the link above
- Funding will be awarded to a section only if it has submitted its most recent annual report.
- Funding will be awarded to a section only if it has submitted a final report for any previous IPGs.