Senior Chemists Mini Grant for Local Sections
Grant at a Glance
The Senior Chemists Committee program is offering a limited number of grants to ACS Local Sections that wish to sponsor an event or activity (this includes virtual events) to increase the engagement of senior members and encourage innovative activities that will benefit the local community, schools, or legislative government.
- A limited number of grants (up to $500) are available to local sections that wish to host an event/activity that meets the above criteria.
- Grant funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis with the review of the SCC Awards Subcommittee.
- As per ACS policy, a summary report must be submitted within 30 days of the conclusion of the event or activity.
Some events for consideration include:
- Special recognition luncheons and dinners for 50, 60, and 70 year members
- Mentoring activities for undergraduates
- Collaborative events with younger chemists
- Tours of historical landmarks
- Events to help local community students (e.g., science fairs, STEM projects)
Local sections must submit a grant application by May 31.
For more information and other ways to engage senior chemists, email firstname.lastname@example.org.